Notice: All new and existing entities will need to file a Beneficial Ownership Information Report with FinCEN. Click here to learn more.

Personal Service Corporation Tax Status

By IncNow | Published October 19, 2013

The tax status of a C-Corporation or taxable LLC which provides consulting or personal services. A company with this tax status must pay the top corporation tax rate on its taxable income. (Tax Loophole: The graduated corporate tax rate starting at 15% can be used if at least 6% of the stock in the corporation or units in the taxable-LLC are given to a person not employed by the corporation or taxable-LLC.)

When deciding where to form your company, consider that Delaware has advantages over your home state that may benefit you. Go