For a limited time only, IncNow is offering $50 in *courtesy expedited upgrades* for all new Delaware entity orders (to "cut-the-line" ahead of the backlog of delays facing state filing offices). Get your filings back faster with IncNow... contact us!


By IncNow | Published October 19, 2013

A certificate filed with the Secretary of State to indicate that a mistake was made when an earlier document was filed. A certificate of correction cannot be backdated, but it does reference an earlier filed document. Many things can be “fixed” by a certificate of correction, for example the certificate setting forth the wrong amount of stock, the wrong name of the company, the wrong manager, or almost anything else previously filed as a Certificate of Formation/Incorporation or amendments thereto. This should be distinguished from a Certificate of Amendment, which can “fix things” from that point forward, but a certificate of amendment does not state the reason for the change was an earlier mistake.

When deciding where to form your company, consider that Delaware has advantages over your home state that may benefit you. Go