11 Benefits of a Delaware LLC
There are many reasons why over two-thirds of all business entities formed or incorporated in the state of Delaware are LLCs. The Delaware limited liability company (“LLC”) is easy to maintain and allows for members to choose how the LLC is taxed. The Delaware LLC’s benefits are numerous.
Interested in forming a Delaware LLC? We’ll prepare and file your LLC. Get Started!
Benefit #1: It’s Versatile
- You can use a Delaware LLC to own and manage almost anything.
- Uses of LLCs range from operating entities of one-person consulting businesses to holding companies of multi-million dollar commercial apartment complexes.
- It can also hold real estate, tangible assets, or intellectual property.
Benefit #2: Nearly Anyone Can Form a Delaware LLC
- You can form a Delaware LLC no matter where you live, and without ever setting foot in the state of Delaware.
Benefit #3: It Can Operate Almost Anywhere
- Delaware LLCs can operate in almost any state or country.
- Delaware LLCs do not need to have a bank account or office in Delaware.
- The state simply requires that you maintain a Delaware registered agent, such as Agents and Corporations (IncNow).
Benefit #4: Flexible Structure
- The Delaware LLC’s structure and rules are tailor-made for each LLC by its owners in its Operating Agreement.
Benefit #5: Low Startup Cost
- Delaware LLCs are inexpensive to create (IncNow packages start at just $9, plus required state fees).
Benefit #6: Low Maintenance Fees
- Delaware LLCs are required to pay an annual franchise tax fee of $300 to the state of Delaware.
- A Delaware registered agent fee must be paid annually.
Benefit #7: No Delaware Income Tax
- If your business operates in a state other than Delaware, you are not responsible for a Delaware income tax.
Benefit #8: Asset Protection
- Delaware LLCs safeguard your personal assets by building a shield between them and your business liabilities. If the business cannot pay a creditor, it is difficult for creditors to target your home, car, and other personal possessions.
- Delaware’s “Charging Order” prevents creditors of your business partners from taking over the company. Rather, they can only get an economic interest in the LLC’s distributions to that member.
Benefit #9: Quick Turnaround
- Your Delaware LLC can be formed in as little as one hour.
- The Delaware Secretary of State’s office maintains extended hours for filing.
Benefit #10: Preferred Tax Treatment
- Delaware LLC owners can choose how they want the company to be taxed—as a sole proprietorship, partnership, S corporation, or C corporation.
Benefit #11: Delaware’s Court of Chancery
- Delaware has a separate court for the resolution of business disputes, the Court of Chancery.
- There are no jury trials in the Court of Chancery and its judges are highly experienced in business cases.
- The Court of Chancery can act very quickly, handling business disputes in weeks, not years.
Why Form a Delaware LLC With IncNow.com
With years of experience, the incorporation specialists at IncNow.com (Agents and Corporations, Inc.) can assist you with any questions you may have about forming an LLC in Delaware. But there are many more benefits to incorporating with us:
- Our packages start at just $9, plus required state fees.
- Your first-year Delaware registered agent service is included in the startup cost!
We Have a Fast Turnaround
- As a Delaware registered agent, IncNow has a higher filing priority than agents outside of Delaware and those that file themselves. That means your documents are normally returned to you in one to three days, not weeks.
- We have been filing companies for more than 40 years.
- Our incorporation specialists can help you understand topics such as the common provisions included in Operating Agreements and Certificates of Formation.
We Make It Easy
- It takes five minutes to file your Delaware LLC online.
- You can elect IncNow.com as your Delaware registered agent, saving time in the process.
- Avoid the often-complicated process of dealing directly with the state.
- IncNow has a BBB A+ rating.
We Get Small Businesses
- We’ve been family owned and operated for more than 40 years. We understand the needs of small businesses because we are one!
Start your Delaware LLC in just five minutes with IncNow.com! We make it fast and easy for you, so you can focus on what’s important: growing your business. Get Started Now!