A Delaware Certificate of Good Standing is a one-page document issued directly by the Secretary of State that proves a company’s ability to do business. It is issued when there is no overdue Delaware franchise tax (or annual reports, in the case of a corporation). This document is sometimes referred to as an “Authority to Conduct Business”. It is emailed by the state and usually sent the same day it is ordered.
Delaware Certificate of Good Standing Facts
- What is a Delaware Certificate of Good Standing?
- It is a certified document produced by the Delaware Secretary of State’s office. It shows your corporation or limited liability company (LLC) has met its statutory requirements (filed all reports and paid all fees) and is authorized to do business.
- Why do I need one?
- It is used to prove your company is a valid company that was formed in Delaware and that it is up-to-date with all Franchise taxes. A common use is when a bank may ask for one when you are opening a business
- How long does it take to receive it?
- If we receive your order prior to 4 PM Eastern time, we will be able to send it to you the same business day.
- How do I obtain one?
- You can place an order for one with IncNow by calling 800-759-2248 or order on our website.